I live in New Zealand (as do thousands of speakers of Samoan, where Samoans make up the largest group of "Pacific" people after the indigenous Maori). I work mostly on the English Wikipedia and on several Wikia sites.
Please email me (or add a question to my "talk" page here) if you have questions about how you can contribute to the Samoan Wikipedia. I may be able to help, even though I do not speak or read more than a few words of Samoan. Because of my obvious interest in Pacific people I was recently invited to join Islanderfriends.com, where I have been actively promoting this site.
[Teuteu | edit source]
Samoan-English[Teuteu | edit source]
- Samoan-English and English-Samoan
- Samoan_language - has a small vocab list, which I had on my office harddrive until I was made redundant in 2007 - "American Samoans have a rich language that remains the main language of the people. English is the second language and all islanders can speak english as well."
English-Samoan[Teuteu | edit source]
- English-Samoan Word list - and its owner has agreed that we can copy the list to WP (with suitable acknowledgments) on the understanding that he is not an expert (but he was brought up in Samoa) - see []
- Samoa.WS Dictionary of English to Samoan Translations
- Do you speak English? 'E te mālamalama i le fa'aperetania?
- Do you speak German? 'E te mālamalama i le fa'asiamani?
- Do you speak French? 'E te mālamalama i le fa'afarani?
- Could you speak more slowly, please? E mafai ona e tautala fa'agesegese
- I understand 'Ua 'ou mālamalama
- I don't understand 'Ou te lē mālamalama
- Can you help me, please? E mafai ona 'e fesoasoani mai fa'amolemole?
- It's important E tāua
- What does this mean? 'O le ā le uiga o le mea lea?
- What do you call this? 'O le ā le ta'u o le mea lea?
Miscellaneous[Teuteu | edit source]
- User:Robin Patterson/drafts,etc
- Samoan Language Week on Facebook
- Samoan Sensation
- Father's Love Letter in Samoan
- English Wikipedia article on the language
- Planet papers essay on the language
- My 15/2/05 notice on a Forum
- Samoa Association of Women Graduates
- National University of Samoa - Le Iunivesite Aoao o Samoa
- Links to Samoan Businesses, Services and Information Sources
- New Zealand Ministry of Education - A'oga Fa'a Samoa
Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I use this IP: 220.127.116.11.