Wikipedia:Vāega mo Tagata Lautele

From Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  • sm: Malō lava le soifua lelei. Fa'afetai pe afai o 'oe o se tagata Samoa e fiafia e fa'aaogā le gagana Samoa. Afai e te alaala (nofo) i Amerika (USA)e manaia pe a mafai ona fa'atalatalanoa mai po'o fea e te nofo ai. Afai e te nofo i Hawai'i talanoa mai fo'i po'o ā mai lo 'outou motu mānaia.

    malo soifua.....o au lea e nofo i Utah...ou te fiafia e taupuaia alofaiva a le manu samoa..o uotou mama na..manatua le tapuaiga...malo ia Brain le loto atunuu...o faamago siala leao lea e talanoa atu.

  • en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.

Bot status for PipepBot[edit source]

Hello! I ask for permission to run my interwiki bot PipepBot here, and to get a bot flag for it.

  • Operator: it:User:Pipep
  • Purpose: Interwiki
  • Software: Pywikipedia
  • Has bot flag at: als, am, an, ar, arc, ast, az, bat-smg, be, be-x-old, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ce, ceb, co, cs, cu, cv, da, de, eml, en, eo, et, fo, fr, frp, fur, fy, ga, gd, hr, ht, hu, hy, id, ie, ilo, io, is, ja, ka, ksh, ku, kw, la, lb, li, lij, ln, lt, lv, mi, mk, ml, ms, nap, nds, nds-nl, nn, no, oc, pms, rm, rmy, ro, roa-tara, ru-sib, sc, scn, sco, sh, simple, sk, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, te, th, tl, udm, uk, vec, vls, vo, wa, wo, wuu, zea, zh, zh-classical, zh-yue
  • Details: Interwiki using Pywikipediabot. It mostly runs manually assisted. May run automatically in some cases.

Thank you! --it:User:Pipep 18:10, 26 Aokuso 2007 (UTC)[reply]

Done. Pathoschild 20:53, 12 Setema 2007 (UTC)
Thank you! it:User:Pipep 23:14, 12 Setema 2007 (UTC)[reply]

BotMultichill[edit source]

Hi, i request a bot bit for BotMultichill.

  • Botmaster : Multichill
  • Bot's name : BotMultichill
  • List of botflags on others wikipedias: about 100+ atm (see meta:User:Multichill for the current list)
  • Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
  • Technical details : BotMultichill is an interwiki bot starting at the Dutch wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. Multichill 15:57, 6 Setema 2007 (UTC)[reply]
Already done. —Pathoschild 03:32:57, 08 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Bot policy[edit source]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I'd like to implement the standard bot policy on this wiki. This will involve creating a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and adding a line at the top noting that it is used here. In particular, this policy allows automatic acceptance of known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests.

Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; it will be implemented in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Pathoschild 20:53, 12 Setema 2007 (UTC)

Done. Pathoschild 23:36, 20 Setema 2007 (UTC)

AlleborgoBot[edit source]

Hi, i request a bot flag for AlleborgoBot

  • Operator: Alleborgo
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic, in "-autonomous" mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts.
  • Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
  • Function Summary: interwiki
  • Already has a bot flag in: ar, am, an, ast, az, bar, bat-smg, bg, br, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, el, en, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fiu-vro, fr, frp, fy, ga, gl, he, hr, hsb, ht, hu, hy, id, is, it, iu, ja, jv, ka, kk, ksh, ku, lb, li, lmo, ln, lt, lv, mk, mi, ml, mr, ms, mt, nap, nds, nds-nl, nl, nn, no, pl, pms, ps, pt, ro, roa-tara, ru, sco, sh, sk, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, ta, tg, th, to, tr, tt, uk, ur, vec, vi, vls, vo, zh, zh-classical, zh-min-nan, zh-yue. On it.wiki has done more than 65000 edit.

Thanks --AlleborgoBot 16:16, 2 Novema 2007 (UTC)[reply]

Already done. —Pathoschild 03:33:30, 08 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

The village pump[edit source]

Could someone be so kind and move my contribution to your "village pump" and also, could someone please add a link to your village pump on meta? Thanks, Malafaya@Betawiki 02:58, 5 Fepuari 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Bot Status for Purbo_T[edit source]

Hi, I'd like to request a bot flag for Purbo_T (contributions)

Thank you! --Purodha Blissenbach 10:50, 12 Fepuari 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Already done. —Pathoschild 03:34:13, 08 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[edit source]

Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here to use your language in the interface, but if you would log in to for example the Japanese language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. In fact, of 1,736 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 5.99% of the messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages for 126 extensions, with 2,174 messages. Many of them are used in WMF projects and they are vital for understanding the wiki. Currently 0.00% of the WMF extension messages have been translated. Translators for over 90 languages contribute their work to MediaWiki this way every month.

If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator privileges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on MediaWiki.org and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.

If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.

You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we will be happy to help you get started.

Thank you very much for your attention and I do hope to see some of you on Betawiki soon! Thanks, GerardM@Betawiki

  • Currently 8.30% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.19% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:49, 19 Aperila 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 8.02% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.13% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 03:43, 19 Me 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 7.89% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.12% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 19:44, 8 Iulai 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 7.75% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.29% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:15, 9 Aokuso 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 7.35% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 07:59, 11 Setema 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 7.09% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:40, 18 Oketopa 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 7.12% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.19% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:18, 11 Novema 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 6.99% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.19% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:35, 15 Tesema 2008 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 6.95% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.19% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 20:46, 12 Ianuari 2009 (UTC)[reply]
PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..

The village pump[edit source]

Could someome be so kind and move my contribution to your "village pump" and also, could someone please add a link to your village pump on meta ? Thanks, GerardM 22:29, 15 Fepuari 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Bot flag request for User:WOPR[edit source]

  • Bot operator: User:White Cat (Commons:User:White Cat) - En-N, Tr-4, Ja-1
  • List of botflags on other projects: Bot has a flag on wikimedia (meta,commons) wikipedia (ar, az, de, en, es, et, fr, is, ja, ku, nn, no, ru, sr, tr, uz, simple) (See: m:User:White Cat#Bots)
  • Purpose: Interwiki linking, double redirect fixing, commons delinking (for cases where commonsdelinker fails)

-- Cat chi? 12:56, 15 Me 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Already done. —Pathoschild 03:35:36, 08 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Request bot flag for Alexbot[edit source]

I request the bot flag for Alexbot:

Operator:zh:User:Alexsh
Programming Language:Pywikipedia SVN
Functions:Interwiki(+autonomous), double redirect fix.
Other languages:All statistics in here

Thank you--Alexsh 16:26, 30 Me 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Done.Pathoschild 03:36:49, 08 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Request bot flag for CarsracBot[edit source]

I request the bot flag for CarsracBot:

Operator:nl:User:Carsrac
Programming Language:Pywikipedia SVN
Functions:Interwiki(+autonomous)
Other languages:All statistics in here

Thank you-- Carsrac 08:11, 2 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Bot flag for StigBot[edit source]

I hereby request botflag on this wiki for my bot StigBot.

  • Owner’s account: Stigmj (talk)
  • Bot account: StigBot (contribssulmakebot@meta )
  • Function: mainly interwiki, but can be used in user-namespace for adding userpages etc. on request from the affected users.
  • Software: Pywikipedia, updated from SVN before each run.
  • Other: Runs manually initiated automatic supervised and sometimes entirely manual. Already has bot flag on: ar, bpy, en, eo, fr, no, oc, pt, ro and vo.

Best regards, Stigmj 13:09, 8 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

SieBot[edit source]

Hi, I request a bot bit for SieBot.

  • Botmaster : Siebrand
  • Bot's name : SieBot
  • List of botflags on others Wikipedias: Almost every Wikipedia (some 25 missing). See current list of user status and edits
  • Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
  • Technical details : SieBot is an interwiki bot starting at any Wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. It has made over 5 million edits since it started. Siebrand 22:44, 26 Iuni 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Global bots[edit source]

Hello. The standard bot policy was updated to allow global bots, which are now technically possible. These are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots (the local policy or request page must explicitly allow them, or they won't get access on this wiki). The current requirements for global bots are:

  • a global bot must only maintain interlanguage links or fix double-redirects;
  • a global bot must have already been active on several wikis, with long-term contributions demonstrating its trustworthiness.

Does anyone object to allowing global bots on this wiki? I'll update the local policy in a week if there are no objections. Thanks. —Pathoschild 17:01:22, 28 Iulai 2008 (UTC)[reply]

Done. —Pathoschild 00:06:17, 05 Setema 2008 (UTC)[reply]

The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[edit source]

The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.

The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner

What this means for you[edit source]

Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.

Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.

Why localise at translatewiki.net[edit source]

When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.

Translatewiki.net update[edit source]

  • Currently 6.25% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.07% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 18:20, 30 Setema 2009 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently6.21% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.07% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 15:35, 1 Novema 2009 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 6.35% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.07% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:06, 14 Tesema 2009 (UTC)[reply]
  • Currently 6.33% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.07% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 15:53, 18 Ianuari 2010 (UTC)[reply]

How can we improve the usability for your language[edit source]

We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer:

  1. Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative?
  2. Does MediaWiki support your language properly?

The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.

When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.

We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.

PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 18:20, 30 Setema 2009 (UTC)[reply]

HiW-Bot[edit source]

  • Operator  : Hedwig in Washington
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted : automatic
  • Programming Language(s)  : Python (pywikipedia), daily update
  • Function Summary  : Interwiki, Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel-Category so it can be used properly and easy. Double redirects will be added shortly
  • Already has a bot flag (Y/N)  : Yes: 31 Wikis so far, others pending. see here
  • Function Details  : just using the standard interwiki.py; parameters: -auto -all - log -catr

I humbly request bot status on this wiki in order to update Interwiki, and improve Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel so it can be used properly and easy by everyone.

Thank you for consideration! --Hedwig in Washington 03:21, 16 Setema 2011 (UTC)[reply]

Language support group for Samoan[edit source]

The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.

This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.

As much of the activity will be concentrated on translatewiki.net, it will be a plus when team members know how to localise at translatewiki.net.
Thanks, Gmeijssen 12:17, 2 Fepuari 2012 (UTC)[reply]

The Babel extension[edit source]

When people want to indicate their proficiency of a language, they can use the Babel extension on all WMF wikis. Sadly, the extension has not been localised yet for the Samoan language. Could someone help us and localise it for the Samoan language ? Thanks, Gmeijssen 12:17, 2 Fepuari 2012 (UTC)[reply]

ESEAP Conference 2018[edit source]

Hello Samoans Wikipedians, we would like to inform you that we propose the conference grants for our region, East, Southeast Asia and Pacific. It's including your region too. If you would like to involve more please join in our conference grants talk page and fill our survey too.--Beeyan (talk) 08:33, 17 Oketopa 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[edit source]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned to begin 17 August 2021.

Community and staff members collaborated to develop these draft guidelines based on consultations, discussions, and research. These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. Provide comments about these guidelines by 17 October 2021. The committee will be revising the guidelines based upon community input.

Everyone may share comments in a number of places. Facilitators welcome comments in any language on the draft review talk page or by email. Comments can also be shared on talk pages of translations, at local discussions, or during round-table discussions and conversation hours.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session - 16 August @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

The facilitation team supporting this review period hopes to reach a large number of communities. Having a shared understanding is important. If you do not see a conversation happening in your community, please organize a discussion. Facilitators can assist you in setting up the conversations.

Discussions will be summarized and presented to the drafting committee every two weeks. The summaries will be published here.

If you have any questions, please contact Ramzy Muliawan, the facilitator for ESEAP region.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:51, 17 Aokuso 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Voting for the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees election is now open[edit source]

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three week long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community-and-affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. The Board wants to improve their competences and diversity as a team. They have shared the areas of expertise that they are currently missing and hope to cover with new trustees.

Learn more about candidates. Learn about the Board of Trustees. Vote.

Read the full announcement.

Best,

The Elections Committee

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 01:12, 18 Aokuso 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[edit source]

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (wikimedia2030@wikimedia.org).

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 08:55, 21 Setema 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines review still needs your ideas and opinions[edit source]

Hello, this is just a reminder that the Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines are open for review and comment. The Drafting Committee will start working on revisions and improvement in less than two weeks (October 17), so it is important that you give them your ideas and opinions soon!

There is now a short, simple version of the Draft Guidelines here to make your review easier. If possible, also help translate the short version into more languages!

We will also hold one last conversation hour on October 15, 2021 03:00 and 14:00 UTC.

On behalf of the Drafting Committee, much thanks to everyone who has given ideas so far. We hope to hear from more of you - the Guidelines will be much stronger if more opinions are included.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 07:27, 6 Oketopa 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Voting period to elect members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee is now open[edit source]

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections. Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.

The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.

Best,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation
10:35, 12 Oketopa 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 4[edit source]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 4, October 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fourth issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.

  • Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review Wrap-up - The Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review will come to a close on 17 October 2021, after more than two months of extensive consultations. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable Discussions and Conversation Hours - Another successful roundtable session happened on September 18, 2021 to discuss the EDGR. One last conversation hour will be happening on October 15th, 2021. (continue reading)
  • Movement Charter Drafting Committee Elections - The Movement Charter Drafting Committee selection process has kicked off and will be open until October 25, 2021. Contributors to Wikimedia projects can elect their favorite candidates on to the committee. (continue reading)
  • New Direction for the Newsletter - As we round-up the consultation processes for the Universal Code of Conduct, the facilitation team is currently envisioning new directions for the newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 18:25, 14 Oketopa 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Learn how the Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plans[edit source]

We are excited to announce the reopening of the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. This program fund projects that advance a specific Movement Strategy initiative. The projects can be big or small, but they must all make a case for advancing one initiative.

Read all about it, what to apply for, and how to apply. Please do encourage others to apply as well.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 10:22, 21 Oketopa 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Meet the new Movement Charter Drafting Committee members[edit source]

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee election and selection processes are complete.

The committee will convene soon to start its work. The committee can appoint up to three more members to bridge diversity and expertise gaps.

If you are interested in engaging with Movement Charter drafting process, follow the updates on Meta and join the Telegram group.

With thanks from the Movement Strategy and Governance team

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 13:39, 1 Novema 2021 (UTC)[reply]

ESEAP Regional Education Meeting[edit source]

Join us for the 1st ESEAP Regional Education Meeting on 27th November 2021 at 7:00 UTC.

We are using this as an opportunity to strengthen the EduWiki network, explore collaboration opportunities, and identify common practices or challenges that are faced by our community members in different regions of the world. Learn and share your projects, tools, or ideas with the education community in the ESEAP region.

We are excited to hear from these wonderful speakers:

Education activities in Indonesia - Dimas Hardijanto, Deputy Coordinator of Education Program of Wikimedia Indonesia
Education activities in Australia - Alex Lum, President of Wikimedia Australia
Education activities in Malaysia - Dody Ismoyo, Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia
Education activities in the Philippines - Imelda Brazal, EWOC Community Specialist - ESEAP Region

Read more about this event here: ESEAP Regional Meeting You may join as a sharer by adding your own agenda or send an email to dangbrazal@gmail.com to be included in the participants list.

Thank you.

Best,

EduWiki Outreach Collaborators Community Specialists Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 07:54, 23 Novema 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Closing the comment period for the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft Guidelines[edit source]

Thank you for your continued comments and ideas on the Universal Code of Conduct enforcement guidelines. Your responses have helped to build a stronger Universal Code of Conduct.

If you have not already provided your comments, now is the time as the drafting committee has been meeting to update the enforcement guidelines. The drafting committee wants to consider all comments as they make their updates. Please submit any comments by the end of November. The Committee hopes to finish its revisions before the end of the year, and the revised guidelines will be published as soon as they have been completed.

The next steps for the Universal Code of Conduct include conversations about ratification of the enforcement guidelines. There will be a conversation about ratification on November 29.

The Wikimedia Foundation will make recommendations to the Board of Trustees about the ratification of the guidelines in December. The recommendations will inform the next steps in the Universal Code of Conduct process.

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 08:57, 26 Novema 2021 (UTC)[reply]